The Apartment Owners Network (AON) is a volunteer-led, independent, non-party political organisation. We are not-for-profit and represent the interests and views of owners (owner occupiers and investors) and Owners’ Management Companies (“OMCs”) of homes in managed estates throughout Ireland.
Our objectives are-
- To achieve the proper regulation of OMCs;
- To seek reform of the law governing the operation of OMCs;
- To promote best practices among OMCs and the conduct of their directors;
- To educate, inform and communicate with its members in relation to matters of relevance and importance to the multi-unit development sector and such other companies whose operations affect, directly or indirectly, the purchase, sale or ownership of residential units in multi-unit developments or of OMCs;
- To inﬂuence public policy for the betterment of multi-unit development living;
- To inﬂuence for the better the general public’s perception and understanding of multi-unit development living;
- To engage with other parties with common interests in the multi-unit development sector;
Membership of the Network is diverse. We include owners who are directors of OMCs, residents living in estates where the OMC remains controlled by the estate developer, and residents of houses in managed estates.
Membership of the Network is open to all owners of apartments or houses in managed estates.
The AON has working relationships with various national and local government agencies. These include the Law Reform Commission, the Department of Justice and Equality, the PSRA, the Housing Agency, the ODCE, and Local Authorities. We work with other non-governmental parties in the multi-unit developments sector, such as Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland (Residential Committee).
The Network played a central role in securing the formulation and enactment of the Multi-Unit Developments Act 2011 (“the MUD Act”). Regulations under the Property Services (Regulation) Act 2011 have also received our input.
We meet in open forum approximately once a month at DCC Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8. Meetings and activities are currently facilitated by funding from DCC, and by the work of its volunteer members.
The Network incorporated as a Company Limited by Guarantee (No. 592683) on 10 November 2016.