Our first meeting of 2017 will take place on Wednesday 1 February at 7pm sharp in our usual spot, the Wood Quay venue, Dublin City Council offices.
Following our December meeting we have made solid progress in formalising the organisation’s structures. Our next meeting will provide an update on our work and provide you with an opportunity to decide what topics you would like to have professional experts present to our meetings throughout 2017.
Some suggestions for presenters:
- How to reduce service charge arrears
- Waste Management
- Construction Defects
Which of the above do you need help on or is there another pressing topic(s) that you would like to suggest?
Our four priorities for the AON in 2017, as established at our December meeting, are:
1. Director training, education and supports,
2. Website upgrade with forum and help guides,
3. Property Management Agent regulation –
examine how complaints to the Regulator are handled,
4. MUD Act legislative reform.
If you are planning on attending our next meeting, we would ask that you might take some time to think about the four priorities above, and perhaps have some thoughts ready to share with the network at the meeting.
If you wish you can send us your thoughts and ideas before attending the meeting. Or if you’re simply unable to attend but have ideas you’d like to share with the membership on how we go about drafting policy positions, you can Contact Us Here.
We will also;
- Discuss how best to arrange a calendar of meetings for 2017. Should we vary the weekdays we hold our meetings each month or is a regular fixed day (e.g. the second Wednesday of the month) the best option to suit people ?
- Provide an update on our recent meetings with the Housing Departments of the four local authorities in Dublin.
- Have our usual open forum where you may raise an issue(s) of concern affecting your estate or multi-unit development.
Tea, coffee and sandwiches will be available from 6.45pm. The meeting will begin at 7pm sharp.
To assist us in planning the meeting, please let us know if you plan to attend using our Contact Form.
Directions to the meeting venue if you need them are available here.
We look forward to seeing you on 1 February.